[Alberg30] mast painting

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Thu Jun 6 08:40:17 PDT 2002

I agree, Imron and Awlgrip are the only two paints that should be considered.  Although my boat has been Awlgripped and I am quite pleased with the job, I have learned from a local yard that does alot of paint jobs that Imron may be the preferred choice today.  This is particularly true of the darker colors.  His reasoning, for what it is worth, is that Dupont (makers of Imron) has done a better job of keeping up with EPA regulations than USPaint (makers of Awlgrip).  He has had some of the darker Awlgrip colors craze after only a couple years.  While this yard has significant experience in using both, this is simply his opinion!

Bob Chambers