[Alberg30] mainsheet

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu Jun 13 08:03:23 PDT 2002

If you're not replacing the traveler, how the heck did they come
up with $500 worth of blocks?  What are they recommending?

I prefer 1/2" line because it's easier to handle.  The basic
4:1 tackle you describe is pretty standard.  The only real
improvement I've seen to that is to attach the halyard to
the becket with a snap shackle.  Then you can release the
snap shackle in light air, reducing the tackle to 3:1 (the
snapshackle catches at the next sheave, effectively turning
it into a becket).  This is the way Cy Fishburn rigged
Kittiwake.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/