[Alberg30] Battery draining, hull #

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Fri Jun 14 08:56:57 PDT 2002

WEll one thing you had in your favor was that one of the best Atomic4 repair
shops in america was in old lyme.  The shop is (I believe) old lyme marie or
marina. They helped me once with an A4 I had and boy do they know their
motors.

As for the batteries. get a tester and check the fluids in them. THe tester
will tell you if they hold charges. OH take the batteries off the boat and
charge them using a battery charger. Give em a good full charge. Then test.
If they hold the charge then you need to look at the wires and alternator.
Use a multimeter to check the current coming off the alternator when
running. CHeck off of the alternator and the motor (Pos & Ground) and check
on the wires that connect to the batteries. Youll get an answer quckly.

Good luck. This should not take long. If the problem is the alternator  by
the way check the belts to be sure it is turning efectively.Tighten if need
be. Else you can find a replacement through the guys in old lyme or get it
rebuilt.

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57
Daybreak #458