[Alberg30] Re: offshore in the fall

Wally Moran helm at georgianbaysailing.ca
Tue Mar 12 14:32:15 PST 2002

Gordon - Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the best jumpoff for
Bermuda near Fort Lauderdale, giving you the shortest crossing of the
Gulf?
also, if you're headed for the Caribbean ultimately, why not take the
ICW the first time out and minimize your outside travel? That way,
you can adapt to new conditions and minimize any risk since you'll
always be close to a harbour. Save Bermuda till later, or jump off
from further south.
Plus, there are lots of guides, etc. for the Ditch, making your
initial voyage a lot easier. Another advantage - if you're
singlehanding, and I assume you are, you get to sleep safely each
night at anchor.

Wally

--
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in
sailing. Anon