[Alberg30] Gannet II Contact info

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Fri Mar 15 16:34:46 PST 2002

Sorry--did not include contact info on the first post:
Here is a post received on a Canadian Power and Sail
Squadrons website.  Can anyone assist?

Marianne King-Wilson
Windward #369
(Parry Sound Squadron)

> -------------
> FROM [Gaby Mann <gaby.mann at olinc.com>]
>
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > I'm looking for an Alberg 30 called the Gannet II.
> Gannet was last
> > spotted in the early 80s on her way to Port Huron ? from
> Port Stanley,
> > where she had raced for many years.  She was owned by
> Kees Donker (and
> > my father, Dr. Will Mann, before that) during her years
> in Port
> > Stanley.  Sorry, I don't have her registration number
> anymore.
> >
> > Rumour has it she was entered in and won the Mackinaw
> sometime after
> > moving north.
> >
> > If anyone knows of the current owner of this boat, I'd
> like to contact
> > him/her.  I'm trying to reconstruct parts of her racing
> history, in
> > particular to identify the crew members for the 1972
> Lake Erie
> > International - which she won.  We've recently donated
> some
> > memorabilia to the sailing club, including the pennant
> from that 1972
> > race; a good yarn to accompany the pennant, and perhaps
> some excerpts
> > from the ship's log would be a wonderful find!
> >
> > Any hints?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gaby Mann
> > Tanzer '26 in Port Newcastle
> > member of the Oshawa Squadron

Plan NOW for your 2002 summer getaway
by the shore of Georgian Bay.
Only two hours' drive--and a world--away from Toronto,
enjoy this quiet, well-appointed retreat -
http://www.zeuter.com/~addvalue/