[Alberg30] Re: Bermuda

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed Mar 13 14:32:48 PST 2002

 I have gone to Bermuda from Newport and from the Virginia Capes. The
latter probably offers slightly less time in the Gulf Stream. My
comments were based on the time of year and the idea that the ultimate
destination was the Caribbean, requiring two Stream crossings if via
Bermuda. I  personally would only use the Ditch behind  Hatteras and
south of that only if the weather was poor. Singlehanding offers another
challenge if offshore. But it is usually a lot faster. I won't move in
the ICW at night, myself.
     - Gordon White

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |