[Alberg30] Cruising World article Alberg 30 from New Bunswick to Ireland

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Wed Mar 13 15:59:28 PST 2002

In this month's Cruising World there is an article under passages or whatever
they call the piece about people cruising hither and yon, a little story about
a Quebecois named Yves who with his partner, sailed his Alberg 30 from New
Brunswick to the Iles des Magdalene off of the coast of Nova Scotia, then on
across the Atlantic Ocean to Ireland!

In an Alberg 30!!!!

Scott Wallace

Gord Laco wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I think that the shortest distance to Bermuda involves a departure from just
> north of or just south of Long Island.  That puts the passage at about 800
> miles plus or minus. I did that (Bermuda to New York) in a 30 footer in 5
> 1/2 days - a very do-able trip.  It allows you to cross the Stream at right
> angles - I remember clearly the surprise we felt when the water flying over
> us slowly turned warm one night, and was cold agian the next day.
>
> Sailing to Bermuda from further south ie Lauderdale would involve sailing
> with the stream for many hundreds of miles - great for the 1-4 knot boost
> but horrible if the wind has any north in it.
>
> Wally - I am in G Bay too; where are you?   We sail out of Midland Bay
> Sailing Club.
>
> Gord
> #426 Surprise

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |