[Alberg30] Lightning protection

Wally Moran helm at georgianbaysailing.ca
Mon Mar 18 06:52:07 PST 2002

the best info I've seen on lightning grounding is in Nigel Calder's
book, the current edition.It suggests that a flat plate with lots of
edge under the water provides the best grounding against lightning.
It also notes that lightning doesn't like to turn and that any curve
in the grounding should be no more than 90 degrees in 8 inches and a
minimum of #6 guage. I very much doubt that the grounding strip meets
any of these criteria.

--
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in
sailing. Anon