[Alberg30] Partnership advice?

Furey, Bill (CORP) bill.furey at corporate.ge.com
Wed Mar 27 08:15:43 PST 2002

I've had three partners in an airplane for the last ten years.
One device we use which is very effective is have the office
at the airport(FBO) keep a scheduling book on us-maybe you could get
a secratary at your local marina do it for a nominal fee or X-masgift
As a result, you call a neutral person to schedule the boat-if its
just one partner, and you getalong with him/wife/girlfreind then
fairly frequent calls might not be a problem-I've found that in a
partnership like this I was'nt looking necessarily for a social or
close friendship type relationship, so the detached scheduler worked.
e.g.I'd call & see if the airplane was scheduled for the weekend of
such & such, and if not, pencil me in-Worked great!  Of course, discussions
always came up about new equipment etc-I'm fairly cheap-a couple of my
partners were'nt and wanted advanced GPS installed etc-I could get by
with a hand-held-hope this helps.