[Alberg30] Hull two part paint

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Sat Mar 30 18:28:15 PST 2002

Hi Alberg Friends,

What is your experience with rolling/tipping or brushing on a two part epoxy
paint on the topsides (hull) of your boat?  Don Casey says in a book that
rolling/tipping may look superior to spray.  He also cautions that spraying the
2 part epoxy can kill unless you wear a air supply line and helmet.  What about
hazards brushing and tipping?  Is spraying much better?  I am getting ready to
paint the topsides of my 1968 Bluenose from a swimming pool greeen/blue (factory
colour) to a deep Navy blue almost black.  I still need to paint the deck, cuddy
cabin house and cockpit.  Any tips on what paint to use for this part of the
boat?

Thanks,

Scott Wallace

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |