[Alberg30] stern tube hose

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Mon May 6 05:44:56 PDT 2002

Well I finally got that old stern tube hose off! And there is much rejoicing, because it was a SERIOUS pain in the side. Incidentally, there was nary a hose clamp on the outboard end. Just a lot of rubbery bedding compound or caulk or whatever. I am planning to install the new hose with two hose clamps.

So now I need to buy a new stern tube hose, which I understand is not the same diameter at both ends, and is also made of different stuff than standard hoses. I have a bronze stern tube. Any advice that could be offered as to what I should buy and where I could get it would be much appreciated.

J Bergquist

Calliope #287
 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |