[Alberg30] stern tube hose

Bob Bounds jrbounds at earthlink.net
Mon May 6 17:57:50 PDT 2002

Lewis Marine Supply of Stuart, Florida, (phone 561-286-2118) lists in their
2002 catalog, 1 1/2 inch ID Packing Box Hose Part Number HO150 for $8.35.
The hose is 5 ply marine exhaust hose.  I recently replaced my hose with
this item.  Additionally, I purchased a short length of 1 3/8 inch ID from a
NAPA parts store and filed the outside until I could insert it in the
packing box hose thereby providing a could fit on both the stern tube and
stuffing box.  Of course I double clamped both ends.  This might be extra
work, but I am comfortable with the installation.

If you have any problems contacting Lewis, I would be  glad to pick one up
and ship it to you.

Bob Bounds
Echo Gulf #132