[Alberg30] Winter afloat questions

Mary & Bill Mahony mabwjm at starpower.net
Sat Nov 2 08:49:26 PST 2002

Hi everyone!  As some of you know, we finally launched our boat in mid-Sep down at Solomon's.  After discussion with several Assoc members and the boatyard, we elected to leave her in her slip this year.  Does anyone have any additional thoughts/ideas for keeping her in good shape over the winter?

A couple things we're specifically wondering about:

1.  Should we use a fuel stabilizer?  If so, are there any problems with the fuel once she is underway again?

2.  Is it a good idea to run the engine periodically, even at idle in the slip, to keep the system functional and charge the batteries?  I've heard mixed comments on this...

3.  We're considering purchasing a canvas cover for her advertised in the sailing magazines--breathable, does not require a frame, looks like a good idea.

As always, appreciate any thoughts...

Fair winds,
Bill
#276 "Mary Ann"