[Alberg30] Holding tank

Richard Johns Richard.Johns at valley.net
Mon Nov 11 12:11:28 PST 2002

Lake Champlain is very serious about zero discharge so you have to live with your holding tanks limitations. I was dissatisfied with my small  five gallon plastic holding tank under the port berth.  Last winter I fabricated a plywood tank sealed inside and out with fiberglass cloth and west system epoxy. I was able to make it conform to the hull and use all the available space under the bunk between the bulkheads. It drops in through the top of the bunk and holds about  25 gallons.  It has been completely odor free and sufficient for four people for a week in Maine. It is large enough that i no longer have to recirculate gross flush water.

The custom tank holds as much as a large flexible tank with none of the risk.

Richard
A30 - 104