[Alberg30] profurl roller furling

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Thu Nov 14 14:59:32 PST 2002

  As a side question re: Profurl, those of you that have them, how do you
like them?
  I'm still back and forth between Profurl and Schaffer (NC42 vs 2100 in my
case). I've always considered Profurl the best but the discussions I had
with various resellers during the boat show have me thinking the Schaffer
system might be better in a pure cruising environment. Everyone stressed how
free spinning the upper swivel is on the Schaffer vs the sealed steel
bearing on the Profurl.
  Anyone care to comment?
Thanks,
Brian      ex#497