[Alberg30] Bosuns Chair

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Oct 16 17:51:46 PDT 2002

Buddy,

Which winch you use is largely a matter of where you can get a fair lead
without too much friction.  Personally, I prefer to use the genoa
halyard as the block can swivel and not put side loads on the main
sheave.  Also, it's on the same side of the mast as the spinnaker
halyard, which I use for a backup.

Be sure to use some sort of a backup!  You don't want to trust your life
to a single line, or a single shackle.

  - George

   George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |