[Alberg30] Lazy Jacks

Scott Maury a30sailor at comcast.net
Thu Oct 17 18:57:00 PDT 2002

I made my own Lazy jacks, mount two check blocks on the side of the mast
just below the location the mainsail headboard is in the smallest reef
position. Mount a cleat about a foot from the mast and three small s/s
fairleads along the bottom of the boom. Use Dacron twisted 1/4" line. Four
small blocks are used to create the jiffy reef layout. With extra line, the
jiffy system can be completely pulled forward and out of the way by hooking
them to the reef hooks. The system works great and with the fairleads on the
bottom, no need to modify the mainsail cover. the cost 20.00$ Scott