[Alberg30] Bermuda Trip

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Mon Oct 21 10:51:14 PDT 2002

Chris,

No personal experience with offshore insurance, but I'd add International
Marine Insurance Services to the list.  (http://www.imiscorp.net/
mail at imiscorp.net  800-541-4647)  Al Golden started that company after
a four-year cruise and he insures a lot of off-shore cruisers.

I'm not surprised at Boat US' reaction.  They seem pretty risk averse
(no surprise for an insurance company) and they make their money by
handling the common cases in bulk.  Al is an independent agent and
works a bit harder for the money.

DISCLAIMER: I get no remuneration for recommending IMIS, but Al is a
friend and my insurance agent.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |