[Alberg30] tools page

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Wed Oct 30 10:02:58 PST 2002

> Bob Chambers said:
>
> Also, you can get many of these tools at good prices from
> Harbor Freight. (www.harborfreight.com) Do be warned though that their
> Central Machinery (and a few other brand names) are made in China and are of
> far less quality than the Dewalt and Makita and Milwaukee tools.  Bruce
> Rankin and I did get their 4 1/2 inch angle grinder (made in China) for less
> than $20 and it has been just great.

I think all (or at least most) of the DeWalt stuff at Harbor Freight
is reconditioned.  That's not necessarily bad, but it's not quite the
same as new.  Tool Crib has a good reputation for customer service,
too.  Harbor Freight is, well, cheap.  You have to read the descriptions
carefully and not make any assumptions.  I've bought a lot of stuff
at Harbor Freight, but I'm not comfortable recommending them for
something like power tools.

I've wondered about the cheap grinders.  Fiberglass work is so hard on
them, that I've thought about getting a cheap one and considering it
disposable.  The DeWalt just keeps working, though, so I haven't
needed to do that.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |