[Alberg30] Jib Question for Ches. Bay Area

Mary & Bill Mahony mabwjm at starpower.net
Thu Sep 5 16:36:51 PDT 2002

Well, we're getting closer to actually launching our new baby!  Thanks to a lot of your suggestions and opinions, we're coming to the end of some extensive yard work on our boat, and hopefully will be getting her into the water down at Solomons in mid-Sep.

As I've mentioned to some of you, Mary Ann and I are daysailors entering a new world here with the Alberg 30, and as such I have a question concerning foresails.

Our boat came to us with a 150% Genoa on a Profurl roller furler.  We're inclined to keep the roller furling, but I'm concerned about the size of the Genoa for a couple people inexperienced with bigger boats...

For the Chesapeake, do you think we'd be better off with a smaller foresail?  Would it be more practical for us to learn with a 100% or 135%?  Should I even be concerned? ;-)

Appreciate any thoughts or opinions!  Thanks, Bill & Mary Ann