[Alberg30] Tachometer ???

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Mon Sep 9 16:02:57 PDT 2002

Greetings,
    I have a question about the tach with my 30 MB Universal diesel.  With
300+ hours, it just quite working reliably a couple of weeks ago.  On start
up it stays at 1000 RPM, where it was before starting.  Reving the engine
usually does nothing at all, though once when I reved the engine the needle
dropped down and started running backwards a qtr turn or so.  Usually it
does nothing.

    Also usually, after running 15-40 minutes it begins working again.

    Gallery Marine thought checking the wire off the alternator might be it.
It seems fine.   The voltmeter reads as usual.  Some "thing" in the tach
itself?  It sounds like removing it and testing it wouldn't yield new info.
New ones cost $115 or so, but this one's practically new.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks!!

Randy Katz
Gr. 3
Bertschi School
2227 - 10th Ave E.
Seattle, WA. 98102
USA
206-324-5476 X301
www.bertschi.org

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |