[Alberg30] A-30 Class rules-- where?

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Fri Sep 13 04:39:19 PDT 2002

>The class rules are in the annual membership handbook.  I've got one
>handy.  For spinnakers, the cloth must be 0.75 oz minimum, 1.2 oz.
>maximum.  Luff and leech: 35'6" to underside of swivel.  Maximum girth
>at any point: 19'4"

That's for the class based in Chesapeake Bay. At one time, I think the
Great Lakes/Canadian had some different sail dimension requirements. I
believe the spinniker was somewhat smaller for them.
The point is Randy, if you are based in Washington state, and are sailing
there, you probably just need to worry about getting one that fits your
mast and fittings.

Michael #220

 | >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This month, save on all Harken products. |