[Alberg30] Tachometer ???

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Mon Sep 9 18:14:50 PDT 2002

R: . Try the following:

1. disconnect the Tach wires; it ought to fall to zero.
If it does not, somewhere on the back of the tack is an adjusting screw.
Reconnect, and
1. Adjust the tach to 0.
2. Start engine

If working, it ought to go immediately to about 800 RPM.  If it doesn't, you
have (I would suspect) stray current somewhere in the panel, which is
causing the tach to read high.  Get out your multi meter and track it down.
Start with the grounds, as these are likely to be the problem.

Rob Alley