[Alberg30] Tiller connection

Bill Blevins bblevins at fredericksburg.com
Tue Sep 10 18:30:43 PDT 2002

Are there any photos on the Web OR do any of you have a photo OR can one of
you take a photo of the location where the tiller connects to the top of the
rudder shaft in the floor of the cockpit area?

I just noticed some wear down there in the brass pieces, but more worrisome,
are three screw holes in the circular metal plate that appear to have two
missing screws, then, the third rotates with the plate when I turn the
tiller. It must not actually screw into anything or it's too short.

What's up with that and what's the maintenance that should be done in that
area?

There doesn't seem to be much play, but when sailing on either tack, the
tiller is probably favoring 10 degrees to port. Thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance.

--
Tracy and Bill Blevins
SABRINA, Dahlgren, VA

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |