[Alberg30] Furling Systems

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Mon Sep 16 11:44:54 PDT 2002

once I got through a couple of start up problems that were peculiar to my boat, the profurl has been  outstanding. I do not think I would have anything different. I especially like the fact the head stay can be tensioned very easily - unlike on the older arken unit which I had on my previous boat.

>>> timmins at optonline.net 09/15/02 11:42PM >>>

I have some limited experience with both Profurl and CDI furlers on freinds boats. Between these two, Profurl is a better unit, by far (in my opinion). It's very difficult to get adequate luff tension on the CDI units to be able to control sail shape.
On my Landfall 39 that I'm sailing now, I need to replace the old Hood furler due to some cracks in the extrusion. I'm only considering Profurl and Shaffer units (Profurl will probably win).
Brian     ex#497