[Alberg30] Hull Plan

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Thu Sep 19 19:47:30 PDT 2002

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 04:31  PM, RICHARD FEAR wrote:

> Can anybody supply me with the Hull drawing showing the lines and
> stations for an "Arlberg 30". My Daughter lives aboard one in Comox
> B.C.
> and I would like to make her  a 1/2 model. Their seems to one on the
> brochure but I cannot make out the numbers.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Richard

Richard,

A long time ago, when I got my first scanner, I scanned parts of an
Alberg 30 brochure including lines and hull side view. As I was new to
the whole process of scanning at the time the scans are not as good as
they might be and I probably could do better today and also keep the
file sizes down.

I have scans the lines of 150 and 300 dpi with file sizes of 272 KB and
  744 KB respectively. If you have a wide-bandwidth internet connection
i can send you the 300 dpi version; if you are using dial-up you might
want the smaller file. I found a side view drawing of the hull that
compresses to 320 KB. All of these files are in JPEG format.

These drawings will probably be adequate for making a small half-model.
I can send these to you off-list. (I don't want to put it directly on
the list because it would annoy the people with dial-up access to the
internet to have to receive a Meg of attachments that they have no
interest  in.)

If you want me to send these, let me know if you want the 300 or 150
dpi lines drawing and the hull drawing.

Regards,
		Bob Johns, Wind Call #397

 | >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This month, save on all Harken products. |