[Alberg30] Finally sailed an A30

Wally Moran helm at georgianbaysailing.ca
Mon Sep 23 02:42:00 PDT 2002

Ok guys and dolls - Yesterday, I finally got out on an A30 for the
first time, hull 334 which is now at Dutchman's Cove in
Penetanguishene after having been refitted and repainted. She's
lovely.
Laszlo took me out with a small craft warning up - we're both a bit
gung ho it seems. Then - take the tiller he says, you want to see
what she's like.
Well, I am impressed! What a lovely sweet sailing boat. We eventually
had 20 gusting 25 and I got to sail her on every point of sail, plus
with a single reef when the wind got up there. If I had to describe
her motion through the water, I would call it regal, or stately, with
a sense of power underneath it all.
Now I can understand why the A30 message board is always so
enthusiastic, because as some of you know, I have been lurking here,
sailing my Challenger 7.4 and enjoying the chat amongst the group.
Just my .02 worth...

Wally Moran
s/v Publisher's Choice
--
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in
sailing. Anon