[Alberg30] Beck Beam Details

Hansen, Richard D LTC Student Richard.Hansen at carlisle.army.mil
Fri Apr 4 10:46:44 PST 2003

-Sunspur is on the hard with mast removed.

-Mast removal seems to have allowed the deck beam to return to a position to
where the forepeak/closet door now closes without any binding.

-My alum brackets need some minor mods at corners, but appear to fit against
beam ok.

-There is, however, a 16 inch or so 3/4 inch piece of wood (teak?) in the
fore peak side of doorway.  It is flush with beam at center, but about
1/4-3/8 inch below beam on both ends of piece.  Separation of beam from
glass is evident when looking at this 16" piece of wood.
Here are the questions:
1. Can I go ahead and install deck beam plates or would you recommemd that I
still jack up deck a bit?
Thank you.