[Alberg30] Prop pitch

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 07:04:03 PDT 2003

13" Is the diameter

9" is the pitch

The pitch is the distance the prop will travel in one revolution. The higher
the pitch the more load it places on the engine. It's kinda like starting
your car from a red light in 3 rd gear, when you have a prop with too much
pitch, plus you cannot get up on the power curve of the engine, and it lugs,
just like your car does when you are driving in a gear that is too high for
your speed or load.