[Alberg30] Re: Throttle/shift controls

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:00:06 PDT 2003

Dave, When I switched my A4 out for a diesel, I switched everything
including the shift/throttle lever for a single one. After several years
with this lever I am considering switching back. I like the idea of having
separate controls for each. Maybe it's just the one I bought, from Vetus,
but it is spring loaded to return to the idle/neutral position when only
slightly engaged. I find that I cannot run the engine in neutral because the
lever snaps back, and therefore, since the lever is shared, I must
accelerate up to stay in gear. There are plenty of times I want to run just
in neutral, such as approaching a dock.