[Alberg30] Bonding of hull fittings?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Apr 8 06:11:16 PDT 2003

I would think that electrolysis and galvanic corrosion would be less of
a problem in fresh water, due to the fact that there are far fewer ions
dissolved in the water.  Perhaps someone who normally sails on the Great
Lakes can tell you what is the normal course of action there.  In any
event, there is no point in bonding if you have no zinc.

  - George

EddieDiver at aol.com wrote:
> Got the various messages re: bonding. I no the 2 schools of thought re: yes
> or no to bonding. I would like to know if bonding is only for boats in salt
> water as all of the articles that I have read on the subject only mention
> "salt water" in the sentence discussing bonding. They leave unsaid any
> mention of fresh water.
>
> Emotional Rescue #303 is in Lake Michigan. We have no bonding and no zincs.
> So far, we have had no problems. Ed. Schroeder

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy