[Alberg30] 2 blade prop

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Sat Apr 12 06:26:03 PDT 2003

>All that being said, my partner is getting itchy to put the two-blade
>back on because he's concerned the prop is slowing us down when racing.

I find myself focusing on the things I know compromise speed when racing-It
affects tactical decisions I make, whether actual speed difference is real
or imagined; actually I start thinking of albatrosses and Ancient Mariners
:-).

Even when cruising, I think  in terms of where I would be if I hadn't lost
speed/time back on that sand bar, for example-or, Gee, I'd still have fair
tide if I had rigged that preventer earlier. Having a sailboat optimized for
sailing helps my mental health. I think.

Michael