[Alberg30] Fuel tank questions

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue Apr 15 04:48:45 PDT 2003

>On the 1966 Albergs, where was the gas tank located?

STBD sail locker. There are probably vestigial pieces of plywood tabbed onto
the hull all the way forward in the locker.

>I need to ground the deck fill fitting for my diesel tank. I'm going to buy
a new one because the old one had corroded in half.
Do these fittings come with a place to attach the ground, and can the ground
run from the deck fill to the fuel sensor ground, then to the boat ground or
do I need to ground each separately.

The fuel fill ground has a different function than the discussions recently
of grounds. It is to reduce static electricity that builds up when fuel is
flowing through hoses; properly done, tank, hose, and fill fitting is
grounded to the dock via the nozzle. I think having a wire running from the
tank to the fuel fill will do the trick. I wouldn't hook any wires from the
sensor to do this, except maybe a screw that grounds directly to the tank.

Michael