[Alberg30] Fuel tank questions

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:22:50 PDT 2003

Finally, someone last year on this list mentioned the venting of the tank by
running it up one of the stantion bases. Which base did you use and do I
need to "vent" the top or bottom of the base or is there enough air in there
to do what it needs to do?

That was me. I used the stanchion on the starboard side closest to the
cockpit. I removed the stancion from the base, drilled a hole through the
deck inside the base, and ran a hose to through the deck to the tank. I
filled the base with 1/2 tube of 3M 101 because I did not want any water
getting into the deck core. The hose runs inside the stancion to about 1"
from the top. It works well.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505