[Alberg30] Keelbolts

Lewdohn at aol.com Lewdohn at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 10:59:42 PDT 2003

None of the Alberg 30's had keelbolts. They all had internal ballast. The
owner who replied that one, owned by a Canadian, had lead ballast was
correct. I was the owner. At the time of ordering my boat I wrote to Carl
Alberg and asked him for advice. He answered that he would recommend it and I
would have a better boat. It cost me $80 extra. The builder, Kurt Hansen,
after installing mine, said that he would not do any more as the  mould had
to be shipped to a different foundry to be cast and it was too much of a
hassle. The weight remained the same giving me a little more room under the
cabin sole. The boat was # 78 with black hull, gold cove stripe, white boot
top and green anti-fouling. I named her Caliban after the character in
Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'
She won the Great Lakes Championship three years running. The last I heard of
her was when she was shipped to San Francisco a number of years ago.
If there is any further information required, I will try to accommodate.
Fair winds and a safe passage, Lew Dohn