[Alberg30] Fuel Tank

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Apr 16 12:52:30 PDT 2003

Bob,

It's a 12 gallon Tempo tank, but because of the angle, we've only gotten
10 gallons into it.  It's not at the same angle as the old metal tank,
however.  It's on a plywood platform that corrects the angle a bit.
That makes up for the tank being smaller than the original 15 gallon
tank (which also held about 10 or 11 gallons).  It's held down by straps
around the tank.

If I were to do it now, I'd put in a saddle tank in the starboard locker.

As to the grounding, we've got a wire coming from a mounting screw on
the gas fill to the ground connection on the gas gauge.  From there,
there's a wire to the DC/engine ground.

  - George

Bob wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> You mentioned that you have a plastic gas tank under the cockpit sole.
> I'm considering a tank replacement. If that is where the old metal tank
> was for 29 years than that is fine with me for a new one.
>
> Is the tank the same size or did it fit the same perimeter as the old
> metal tank?
>
> How did you hold the plastic tank in place?
>

> What brand/supplier did you use for the new plastic tank?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy