[Alberg30] Fuel tank location

Bill Ydel Bydel at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 17 07:29:03 PDT 2003

Speaking of fuel tank locations and stuffing boxes. I have a small leak that
runs down in to the bilge from the stern. The underside of the cockpit floor
is dry, the lazaret is dry, I must conclude that I have a leak in the
stuffing box for the rudder post.
I read the article in the maintenance manual about cutting an access  door
in to the wall of the  cockpit locker, but what am I getting myself in to.
Has anyone had to do any work on the rudder post stuffing box.
I can not imagine trying to do anything one handed and without being able to
see it. By the way, SallyB is in the water.
Thanks for your help.

Bill Ydel
SallyB #441