[Alberg30] Yanmar 2GM20 Flexible Engine Mounts

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 05:52:14 PDT 2003

You know, Lee, I can't give you mfg names anymore, but the best soution I
ever heard to the engine mounting problem is the type of mount that allows
the engine to 'float'. The complication is that these mounts do not permit
the transmission of forward thrust throught he engine itself. Instead, the
prop shaft pushes against a thrust bearing mounted in a short piece of heavy
angle iron glassed across the inside of the tail of the boat and the engine
is then completey isolated, in essence providing only torque, which these
mounts are designed to do. The degree of vibration isolation these mounts
provide is an order of magnitude greater than that of mounts which also have
to transmit prop thrust to the hull.
I wish I remembered the manufacturer that provided this soution. Vetus maybe?
Does someone know?
Paul
Ashwagh #23