[Alberg30] twings

Larry Morris larmor at myexcel.com
Fri Apr 25 06:59:43 PDT 2003

J.

I am utilizing padeyes mounted on the outside of the side deck, not the toe
rail. These padeyes were used for the mainsail preventer by the previous
owner.  Completely inadequate!  I lead the twinger back dierctly back to a
Harken Cam Cleat on the side of the cabin house just above the forward end
of the cockpit coaming.  Yes it cuts across the side deck walkway, but I
have found that this has not been a problem for my crew to negotiate the
limited time the twingers are in use.  Clean, straightforward set up.

I would use the fairlead at the forward end of your track in leu of drilling
more holes in the boat.  I would at least try it before drilling more holes.

Fair Winds

Larry Morris
Solstice #501