[Alberg30] Preparing to Buy

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Sat Apr 26 07:33:05 PDT 2003

>If I buy a decent boat at a fair
price and it doesn't work for me then I should be able to find a buyer

That's a hard one for me to call-I mean, at what point does a market become
saturated? Buy a boat for investment? I don't think so...

Here is how I look at it-put $20-25,000 into an Alberg, either a well
maintained one or a fixer upper that you will put that much into, anyway;
use it for 15 years. That amortizes to $1500/year for total (well, maybe
not total..:) pleasure. You can't do that well going to Disney world. What
you sell it for, or leave to your children, is just a bonus. That is what
you can't do with any other boat. Can you see an Irwin lasting 50-75 years?
I can't.

Michael

BTW succintly: inboard-good; outboard-bad.