[Alberg30] Preparing to Buy

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 26 20:36:10 PDT 2003

Tom

Having owned both the Cape Dory 25 and an A30, I will recommend the A30.  Launching and recovering a trailer mounted CD25 is just like launching the A30.  You go to a yard and have it put in.  Any ramp that will let you get a 3' draft sailboat in will be too steep to recover from (unless you have a long trailer).  Also the living space in the CD is sitting headroom.  Not bad for a weekend, but for a week+?

I guess the real question is are you ready to get adopted into the Alberg 30 family?

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

ps The reason we sold our A30 is because we needed more room, since in the fall of '04 we are fleeing frost and snow.  When we decide to downsize it will be back to an A30.