[Alberg30] Preparing to Buy

Tom DeWitt dewitt-t at cmltek.com
Sun Apr 27 05:47:34 PDT 2003

Jim & Company,

That's valuable input.  My gut was telling me the same thing that you just
did.  Did you have any experience, direct or indirect, with pulling the CD25
on a trailer?  A Class II hitch is rated at 3500 lbs and the boat weighs
4000 plus trailer weight.  My vehicles can only take the Class II.  Any idea
if there's enough margin to cheat on this for local transportation?  I can
see value in buying a CD25 to learn by doing, and if I can readily trail it
to a pleasant environment to do the work that's all good too.  That would,
of course, mean that the A30 would be my second go round but the bigger boat
might be too much for a first project particularly with the inboard.  What
do you think?

Tom

BTW - It's pretty much one or two nights at a time for now.  I've been
aboard the CD25 so I understand the limitations.