[Alberg30] The "look"

Mary & Bill Mahony mabwjm at starpower.net
Sun Apr 27 06:45:34 PDT 2003

I don't know that I've seen one before--may have and just not known what it
was.  I think probably a number of boats from 60s and 70s may share some
lines and a more classic look than the more modern look of today's boats.
When you asked the question, I checked Yachtworld and saw the one you're
probably looking at?  She looks like a very nice boat that is nicely
equipped.  Again, remember three pieces of advice--Survey, Survey, and oh
yes, Survey :-).  That will tell you what you're really buying and give you
some idea of what your end investment will be.  You might spend a few
hundred on a survey of a boat you're interested in and not close the
purchase--it's a worthwhile investment--and as I mentioned earlier, probably
required on any boat over 25 years old anyway for financing and insurance.
It's a running joke between me and the yard on my "original" $$ target for
launching "Mary Ann."  I told the yard I was thinking about renaming her
"And just one more thing Phil" --the way I usually begin opening a new work
order with the manager ;-).

And I wouldn't say you're 'asking for it' at all Tom by asking about other
boats--there are LOTS of pretty girls at the dance ;-).  I can't walk by a
marina without admiring lots of different boats.

Fair winds,
Bill
#276 "Mary Ann"