[Alberg30] The "look"

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 28 06:24:25 PDT 2003

The Douglas 32 is another Canadian built boat from London Ont. Douglas also
built some of the first Alberg 22's. They are a good boat as well but
considerably more $. There have been 2 in Aquatic Park Saililng Club in Toronto
that we see when we moor there after the Canadian- American  AL30 Syronelle
races. Their owners have as much love for them as you have seen here by Alberg
owners for theirs.
    The advice I received from a Nova Scotian boat builder and sailor when I
went looking for a keel boat for the Great Lakes was to buy something not less
than 30 feet and with a full keel for ride and safety. I think the Chesapeake is
of the same sort of size as the Great Lakes so that might be one thing more for
you  to consider. The power boat chop is worse in Annapolis though than here
with the possible exception of the Toronto area.
Don