[Alberg30] weather helm

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Apr 30 06:52:27 PDT 2003

Yes, I find that the Alberg 30 has little weather helm when the sails
are properly balanced.  The first years we owned the boat, I wouldn't
have agreed.  Then we replaced our old stretched mainsail with a new
one, and it made a huge difference.  That old sail is wonderful in light
air, but has too much draft when the breeze comes up.

If you're experiencing chronic weather helm, do yourself a favor and
spring for a new mainsail.

  - George

John Allen wrote:
> What was that?  Did I read someone saying that the Alberg30 had little
> weather helm?  I deleted the message before noting its sender.
>
> Skybird #522

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy