[Alberg30] Jack Lines

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Fri Aug 1 02:19:44 PDT 2003

I wasn't the original poster on this. I believe he meant tubular webbing
jack lines. Tubular webbing does lay flat on the deck and doesn't roll under
foot. Tubular webbing is just like flat webbing except it is much stronger.
I've just recently returned from a very wonderful offshore trip to Bermuda
and had jack lines of Tubular webbing. No problems at all.
OBTW   The 2 A30's that were on the trip also had jack lines. One had them
straight up the sides, like most people envision. The other had them cross
at the foredeck. (i.e.: up the starboard sidedeck and then to the port bow
cleat) I don't know if it was any more or less convenient, but it was a
different idea anyway.
(Alfredo,  Chris,   Any comments)
Brian   ex#497
From: <EddieDiver at aol.com>
> I have never heard that a tubular jack line is any good. It will assuredly
> roll under your foot at an inopportune moment. Flat jack lines are safer.
Ed.