[Alberg30] Engine installation prop shaft

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:47:12 PDT 2003

My Beta BD722 has finally arrived!  The dealer that I bought the new engine
from was a very nice and knowledgeable diesel mechanic who owns Sound Marine
Diesel.  He made me swear to remove my prop shaft and have it sent out to a
prop shop to be fit professionally with the new coupler.  Other people
around the yard have said that the engine should just "drop in" and that you
can leave the prop shaft alone.  I have noticed quite a lot of re-powering
going on this summer, did any of you remove your prop shaft and have this
done, or did you go with your current shaft installation?
Thank you,
Matthew #314