[Alberg30] Re: Universal diesels + pencil zincs + Hello, Al!

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Fri Aug 29 19:20:29 PDT 2003

Greetings,

    The Universal diesels have a pencil zinc on the back side of the heat
exchanger.  (The Universal M3-20 B is the common A-4 replacement model.)

    Pencil zinc users probably know that at the right stores it's possible
to purchase the zinc "pencil" and the threaded bronze (or is it brass?) plug
it fits into separately:  it's not necessary to spend the $$$ for the
complete zinc + threaded bolt every time.

    This can save you some tiny part of a monthly mooring fee....

Best Regards,

Randy Katz

    PS  Cruising in Desolation Sound BC this August I saw two Alberg 30s,
including one belonging to Al and Dee.  Al, be sure to contact me when you
get a chance!  It was great to see your boat.