[Alberg30] Diesel Fuel-line dimensions

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:44:55 PDT 2003

I don't think it matters if the lines are different size. Your smaller
(1/4") return will not be carrying the same volume of fuel that you supply
(3/8") line will becuase some of the fuel will be burned. Also I think that
1/4" is sufficient even on the supply side because the volume of fuel isn't
that great. I don't know how much gets delivered, but consider you are
burning 1/2 - 3/4 gallons per hour and assume you are returning an equal
amont to the tank, then imagine that volume flowing through a 1/4" hose.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505