[Alberg30] 2GM20F Oil Blow-out

Voyager Toronto voyagertoronto at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:05:04 PDT 2003

I visited the Yanmar dealer today (Total Power in Mississauga, Ontario) and
they confirmed Dave Bass's post on the same subject that the engine was
missing a plug. Apparently the factory bores several holes in the "oil
gallery" to clean the channels, after which the holes are all supposed to be
plugged but they missed one. I managed to replace the plug without having to
take the engine foot off and the engine fired up fine. This was a new engine
and the dealer apologised profusely, but from Dave's message it's not unique
a unique occurrence. I don't understand how the engine could have been said
to be factory tested, unless perhaps the plug subsequently worked loose in
transit. The dealer didn't understand either. Good to hear your remarks on
the fuel line.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Calvin, Voyager#30